M7 Naas Bypass
Category: Road Surfacing
Project Title: M7 Naas Bypass
Project Location: Naas
Client: Kildare County Council
Project Title: > M7 Naas Bypass
Approx. Value: 7 Million Circa
Construction Period: 2007-2008
Headline Quantities: 120000m2 cold milling
Crack & Seat of underlying concrete sub base.
Existing signage upgrade and new signage installed.
Arkil undertook a major road upgrade scheme entitled “M7 Naas Bypass Pavement and Associated Works” during the period 2007/2008 on behalf of Kildare County Council acting in the capacity of both Main Contractor and PSCS.
The Scheme extends Northwards approximately from Newhall Interchange to Maudlins Interchange along the M7.
The scope of the works can be summarised as follows:
- 6 km of motorway pavement renewed in both northbound and southbound directions including in excess of 120,000 sq. metres of cold milling, crack and seat of underlying concrete subbase, reinstatement with hot bituminous surfacing including Clause 942 thin layer.
- Existing verge and median safety barrier upgraded to current standards.
- Existing drainage upgraded.
- Existing signage upgraded and new sign gantries installed.
- New emergency phone system installed.
- New Garda platform areas installed.
- Extensive ducting installed to both northbound and southbound verges.
- Verges reshaped to comply with current standards.
The works were substantially completed during the period April to November 2007 with additional instructed works including an upgrade of the median wire rope barrier being carried out during mid 2008.