N81 Baltinglass to Eldon Bridge
1.8KM overlay on the N81 from the Cattle Mart in Baltinglass to Eldon Bridge
Arkil completed this project on behalf of Wicklow County Council.
Of particular note in relation to this project is the fact the surface course material used was the Arkil HPSV Kerry chip. The nature of the road demanded that a material with a value above + 68 PSV had to be used. The extremely high skid resistance values of our Kerry Aggregate made it suitable for this contract. Our aggregate HPSV chip material from our dingle Quarry in Co. Kerry possesses the highest PSV in Ireland.
The scope of the works can be summarised as follows:
- 1.8KM overlay on the N81 from the Cattle Mart in Baltinglass to Eldon Bridge
- Arkil acted as PSCS for the works
- Designed, managed & maintained all Traffic Management using a combination of Traffic Lights, Stop / Go & Convoy vehicles
- Graded Road Edges to ensure complete Road was overlaid and no width lost due to overgrown verges
- Profile Planning to site including Tie-Ins
- Planed out failed areas of Road and re-instated with 20mm Binder
- Regulated the entire site to required depths with DBM
- Overlaid the entire site with 45mm of PMSMA to Clause 942 produced with our Kerry Chip which has a PSV value of 68+
- Reinstated Line Markings to the entire site
- Reinstated Cats Eyes to the entire site